Thursday, July 15, 2010

Out of the night that covers me-I'm Unafraid-I Believe

I need to be better at keeping this updated!
So, I'm working at Rosimar, which is a Mexican/Italian restaurant where Lindy's used to be in Waynesboro! It's great, and another place I get to use my Spanish skills! Still working at The Waynesburger, where I practice my Spanish the most. I thank God for my jobs everyday, because right now they are what is going to get me to Honduras.
Be praying, because the response for supporting me hasn't been great. I think I need to do some follow ups, but I want to do that without being obnoxious.

This past weekend was the Brethren In Christ General Conference, at Messiah College. I had the privilege of being there the whole time for Bible Quizzing! Fairview Ave came in 4th, just short of some hardware...:)
On Sunday evening RootSide Up did a little concert outside of Lottie(the cafeteria) during dinner, just for 45 minutes. I got about $160, which is all right for that amount of time. Every little penny counts :) I believe I got a Canadian penny too! Haha
It was really neat being around all the BICers...I'm so lucky to have such a cool "family." I really enjoyed the preaching of Woody Dalton, Senior Pastor of Harrisburg BIC. I got to go to Harrisburg BIC on Sunday morning and got to hear him share a message there, and then he spoke at General Conference that night as well.

Last week I got my Spanish bible, JUST in Spanish, so I can't cheat ;). It's beautiful, but really big. I want to find just a Spanish New Testament that I can carry around. I'm going to start familiarizing myself with it, learning my favorite verses in Spanish and so on. I also got a cool little devotional book all in Spanish from my Spanish Teacher, Señora Penny, that she got me for Graduation.

That's most of what's going on, please pray that I will start getting more responses about supporting me, in both prayer and finances.
I'm hoping to make up a prayer card this weekend.

Thanks for everyone who has been supporting me!

Amor siempre en Cristo,
Evi :)

(The quote at the top is from Invictus, my current favorite movie. If you haven't seen it, you really should!)

3 comments: