Wednesday, December 1, 2010

¡Hola, Tegucigalpa!

Hola, mi amigos :)

So, I'm in Tegucigalpa, Honduras! I know, super awesome! It's actually a little strange being here. As we were flying over Honduras, and I was admiring the many, many mountains--that's all Honduras is, mountains!--I realized that i had absolutely NO expectations. I hadn't once thought "Hmm, I wonder what Honduras will be like...", so i was going in not knowing what to expect at all, and hardly wondering either. I think I'm still in shock that I'm here, I think, and just taking everything as it goes.

Our flights went well, and I think I probably got a total of an hour and a half between the two flights, which is pretty good I think. On the flight from Miami to Tegucigalpa none of us were sitting by eachother, and we were probably the only non-spanish speakers on the plane :) But, I got a window seat and got to talk to the guy sitting next to me, named Angel, a native of Honduras. So we chatted about what I would be doing and so on. It was pretty neat.

I was most afraid about going through immigration and customs, but they were very kind and wonderful(better then in New York!).

So I'm here! We are staying at Barry and Kimberly's house until Saturday afternoon, and then we'll be dropped at our host families--a little scary, I know! Until then we just have some orientation, and just getting accustomed to being here!

Needless to say, I am SO excited to be here, and just writing about it makes me more so! Keep me in your prayers, and praise God for keeping us safe thus far..."Here I raise my Ebenezer..."

Amor siempre en Cristo :)

3 comments:

  1. EEEE yay! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is going to do awesome things through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHHH!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete