Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blessed-Bendito

Well, I write this in the Tegucigalpa airport, as we wait to board our American Airline flight to Miami. Saying goodbye has been hard, and even now I really don’t want to go. I knew it would be difficult, but I couldn’t fathom the emotions that are running through me. I have another family here, and to leave them breaks my heart. As I watch the people walk through the gate as they arrive in Honduras, I wish we could switch places with them.
This is life, always meeting and saying goodbye, beginning and ending, stopping and starting, loving and leaving. As my host mom, Angelica, would say “Asi es la vida..” To be honest, it sucks. So bad. It’s easy to say “Yeah, I’m not doing this. It hurts too much.” I know I’ve said that several times over the past two weeks especially...but then I think of my time here, I think of the blessings. I think of the enrichment. It doesn’t make me less sad, less angry, but it does make me realize that this wasn’t in vain. I have REAL relationships here, and real experiences that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I’ve been stretched and molded, ripped and sewn, broken and rebuilt. And I’m stronger, and weaker, and gentler, and more confidant. I think of every blessing and it overwhelms me. The love I have received here, the lessons learned...they are something that no one can ever take away from me.
And I am blessed. So blessed. I can’t describe it. God has given me so much here. Yeah, I bought some souvenirs at Valle de Angeles, but that’s not what I’m bringing back. I’m coming back full to the brim with God’s blessings, Honduran style!
I am going to miss, and already do miss, everyone here so much...
But I’m about to board, so I’ve got to run. I love you all...be blessed!

-Evi

2 comments: