Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthdays, soccer, and sleeping!

Friends and country-men!


So, the past couple of days have been pretty slow going. Friday night Erin Wolf and her fiance came up, and Saturday Erin did a session on Children's Ministry with us. After that we went to central park to meet Emily's sister, brother, and youth pastor, and also an older lady from her church, a retired missionary. So we hung out in the park, me mostly sitting and observing people. I got to watch a pick up game of soccer which was awesome. After that we went to eat at this street vendor that we had to stand in line for! And they weren't even the real guys! Apparently the real guy comes at 7pm, and there is a 45 min line! For a street vendor! Crazy, I know.
Saturday night we watched To Save A Life, which was really good. I've been wanting to see it--it makes you want to be nice to everyone you see. So that's good!

Yesterday was Sunday, our day of rest. Molly kept me updated on the soccer games going on. Chelsea, Barcelona, and Real Madrid won their games :) And I slept. A lot.
And we played Rook too. I stink at that game.
AND I got to skype mi familia! Which was awesome possums!!! I miss them.

Today, I slept past my alarm. I think I'm fighting off Melanie's germs, cause my body always goes into sleep overdrive when it thinks it's going to get sick.
And I took a nap, before lunch. Yeah, I think I was getting sick. I'm feeling much better now. Basically, we just chilled, Bonnie talked to us about God's blessings, and it was awesome.

Now I'm skyping Miles! He is super awesome! And a huge encouragement to my walk in the Lord.

Love to you all! Keep me in your prayers!

1 comment: