Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm staying, and you're gonna love me :)

It's been a week! I need to be better at updating this thinger. It's interesting, now it's mostly the same things...I'm used to it, I guess. But I need to keep you updated, still!

Saturday we went to Central Park. I read Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows, out loud to the girls for a while :) It was really fun. And relaxing. We went to the South East corner, which was new for us. We usually only chill at the South West corner.
Sunday was a sleepy day. I think I took a 3 hour nap? Yes. It was lovely.

This week we had a speaker other than Bonnie: Tim Bomgardner from World Vision. It was really awesome. He is really smart--he went to school for early church history, majoring in the early church fathers. So he knows TONS. I really enjoyed listening and learning from him.

Bowery was on Wednesday. I always have fun there :) And Trevor was there this week! I met two new people, Brian and Michael--aka The Italians. They were absolutely hilarious. Crack me up...I ate lunch with them and Elliot. It was tons of fun. And I cut potatos. TONS of potatos.
Then Operation Exodus :) <3 those kids.
Of course Love kitchen on Thursday, and Operation Exodus. Seriously though, I love those kids. I'm going to miss them while I'm on the retreat.

Kimberely came last night, and we went to World Vision this morning. We always get so much done there.

This evening friends of Kimberely's came over for dinner. Luz, Juan Pablo and their son Daniel. They are really amazing people. Daniel has a real heart for missions, they all do.... Luz gave us some words of encouragement and shared her testimony a bit. We got to talk to Daniel for a while then. It was a really nice to meet them.

Tomorrow we go to Manna of Life, and pack for the retreat.
I've been on here too long. Ugh...I always take too long on here, and then I feel really lae and stupid. Ugh, I take too long writing these updates.

My knee hurts, so please be praying for me. Blah.

1 comment:

  1. Really Praying for your knee Evie. Do you think we should try to get you an appt the next time your down here?
    I can do that I think. Send me an email with detail schedule and times for your next break ;)
    I wrote Abby a letter over the weekend and hopefully can get you one this week (or maybe I should wait a week or two.
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete