Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Bronx, day 1!

Hello all!

I made it to New York! After getting no sleep last night, I am almost reeling, but forcing myself to stay awake until a usual bedtime hour so I can keep a healthy sleep schedule. I slept probably 3 hours in the car, so I'm managing.
I think my goodbyes were pretty good :) Knowing that I'll be seeing my family in November is comforting. We had a comissioning service at Fellowship Chapel BIC here in the Bronx--Pastor Rodriguez, a traveling speaker friend of Mike's from Cuba spoke, in Spanish, and I understood a LOT of it, before Mike translated it.

I haven't gotten my computer yet, so I'm using Steve and Bonnie Westberry's, so i don't want to take up too much time on here. Plus I have a lot of reading to do--that's right, homework already!
Please feel free to email me, and I'll have my address on here as soon as I find out what it is. If you send me mail, please just letters or small padded envelopes, and don't send anything through UPS--it's just a hassle, and the post office will do a great job.

Keep me in your prayers,
Amor siempre en Cristo!

Evi

1 comment:

  1. It is a lot quieter here, and we are lonely, but so so glad you are there!!! Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete