Tuesday, September 28, 2010

That's MY King!

Hello beautiful people :)

So, these past two days have been slow going and quiet. We didn't have a speaker come up, so Bonnie mentored us yesterday. We talked a lot about conflict resolution, which was very helpful and interesting. I definitely have a lot of good pointers from that, and biblical back up when I need it :)

It rained all day, so we didn't go to Barnes and Nobles, but we did read a lot! We started a new book, I think I said. It's called Victory Over the Darkness by Neil T. Anderson. Learning some great stuff in that book. Here is a good quote from it:
"What you do does not determine who you are, but who you are determines what you do."
Good thinkin' stuff right there.

Oh and Mel and I took nice naps on our top bunks yesterday.

I got to talk to my mommy last night, which was wonderful, cause I hadn't heard any of mi familia's voices in like a week. :) I miss them. But I know I'm where I'm supposed to be!

So, today! Went to Breakfast Ministry this morning, which is always a joy actually. Once you get the hang of it, and the more effecient we get, the faster we are at getting stuff out and cleaning up, and you can sit back and just interact with the people there. :)
After that we came back and had team devotions, which are a great way to start the day. Then we read whatever else we had left to read for our discussion this evening.
and Mel and I took naps on the couches. Sense a pattern for me and Mel? :D

And today was Spanish class! It was good, learned some new bible words! Pecado=sin, tunba=tomb, resucitar=to be ressurected. So yeah, awesome.
On the way home, we stopped by the Spanish Christian bookstore and got a Spanish children's songbook and a Spanish hymnal! We also got to talk to the owner of the bookstore, and he is a christian(obviously) and told him how we were going to Honduras, and he was so encouraging! He told us he would pray for us, and then we talked for a long while with him and he helped up with our Spanish! So I think we may visit him sometimes. I also like the bibles there.

After dinner the 5 of us went over to the park to power-walk around the track cause Bonnie has been fattening us up too much :) We probably walked about 3/4 of a mile. Emily was a walking buddy, cause we are slow--my knee doesn't allow me to go fast :( And Emily is a good friend! But, we just talked a lot basically. Then we went in after about half an hour, when it was getting dark (by the way, when it gets dark, that means everyone comes outside! It's pretty hilarious). Some guys invited us to play football, which was very kind, but we had to go in and discuss Victory over the Darkness. Plus we had kind of been hogging the track, which is where they play football.

And we've just been chillin' now! Mel is a Glee song singin' buddy, so in honor of the fact that there is a new Gless season, but we can't watch it, we just listened to Glee soundtracks :)
Also, I wanted to put this link, to the video That's MY King, because it is always so encouraging when I watch it. It gives me shivers and reminds me what an awesome king I serve! Gives me a boost! I hope it does the same for you! :)


And I have been on here entirely too long. Tomorrow is Bowery Mission! I can't wait :)



Love you all, keep me in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Ev, I'm supper jealous of your Spanish hymnal! That's too cool! Pretty soon we will be writing to each other solely in Spanish. So far, I don't speak enough, but when I move in with my host family I will progress faster.

    I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete