Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"Fight Hunger."

Today is Tuesday, one of two "rest days" during my week, which I skillfully scheduled in to have scotch free to do home-work/procrastinate on. I get to wake up really early and go to my U.S-Latin American relations class and then come home and take a nap, and still wake up before a lot of people in the house.
 So I woke up from my nap, came downstairs, and, not having eaten breakfast yet, looked to the coffee pot. Empty. So sad, but just a minor setback. 
As I started filling up the coffee pot, it struck me how easy it was. Here was a sink, literally right beside the coffee maker, with clean water to just pour out of it any time I wanted. But there's more, to the left of that faucet, there's a hot water spout--yes, a spout that pours out boiling water, with no wait, a joy to tea lovers everywhere. And then to the right, a water and ice machine. It pours out cold water, with or without ice, with simply the touch of a button.
 I walk into the kitchen, and there's a nifty contraption that allows me to lift a lever and out comes milk! Skim or 2 percent, whichever I prefer. I'm beginning to see a pattern here, and I walk over to the area I've set up to do homework for the day, and see my Millersville University Nalgene sitting there, full of pure, clean water, with a sticker that says "Fight Hunger" blaring in my face.
Oh.
Okay. 
Let me finish my cup of coffee first.

1 comment: