Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I love Spring Work-your-little-rear-end-off!

So my Spring Break is not so breakish. However, although this descanso is not as filled with hanging with friends and sleeping in as I would like, I'm still enjoying family time and different opportunities to do new things.

Today I got to join Abby and Josiah at the after-school program they run with another girl, Meghan, at Chambersburg middle school. I spent the entire afternoon with squirrely middle-schoolers, and gave them quite a shock when they realized I could understand all the Spanish they had been speaking half-way through the day. It was really so much fun and had me reminiscing about Micah Project--really, squirrely teens are my absolute favorite (I realize I am talking like a wise old woman--but really it's because I do remember so clearly how a lot of them are feeling and just what it's like to be in that stage in life).

I started off my Spring Break, however, in typical spring break fashion, with some sort of trip. Together with all the sibs, yes all 6 of us, the little munchkin Mercy included, and my good friend Carmen, who is a German student studying at MU and living at MIH right now, I got to enjoy the weekend in Gettysburg, staying in a "rustic" cabin. I use quotations because it was pretty much the perfect way to "rough it" this time of year--aka make sure you have somewhere warm to sleep. So the quarters of the cabin were tight, but it was warm. We had a lot of fun exploring around Devil's Den area and cooking all our meals over the fire and playing card games.
Carmen and I enjoying the fire and some s'mores

The whole crew!

Our makeshift hot-dog grill

Unfortunately now it's been back to the grind-stone--reading, reading, more reading, flash-cards, essay writing, more reading, more flash-cards, research, more reading...
Ayy carrumba.

No comments:

Post a Comment